I read a crazy statistic the other day: there are somewhere between 200 and 250 million blogs online today. What’s more, there are literally millions of different service and business websites, and they’re all competing in this same online market.
This information can be a bit staggering, huh?
In fact, if you’re anything like me, you might even be wondering, “how on earth can I stand out in such a saturated market?”
Fortunately, I have some good news. There are several great strategies that you can use to stand out online, and today I’m here to share with you my 10 favorites.
Are you ready to do this? Great!
How to Stand Out Online
- Own your presence. Master your blog and one other social media outlet. Work with that outlet until you fully understand all of its intricacies. Once you have that one mastered, then it’s time to expand into the next.
- Practice Consistency. Many of us thrive on consistency, and if you want to expand your business, be sure to utilize this knowledge! Create a consistent schedule that you can keep; perhaps you share a new blog post every Monday send a newsletter on Thursday mornings. By having this predictable schedule, you help your readers know when to tune in.
- Make yourself available. If it’s your goal to stand out from the competition, make yourself available. When readers (read: potential clients) send you emails, for example, respond to them! People want to connect with YOU, not some company. Make yourself known.
- Develop a business plan, follow it, and stop giving in to the “shiny object” appeal of the next big thing.
- Get Specific. Although it seems counterintuitive, when you narrow your focus to a specific niche, rather than trying to appeal to everyone, you will grow your business much quicker. When you try to appeal to everyone, you ultimately appeal to no one. Niche down, my friend.
- Be true to YOU. In a world full of insta-worthy moments and perfectly curated feeds, people crave authenticity. Fill that need by being you; you’re the only one out there who can.
- Provide value. Help your readers solve their problems. Remember, people aren’t looking for products, they’re looking for solutions. As your company grows and you begin selling more products, you might also consider investing in Netverify’s fast implementation, which helps protect both you and your creations.
- Develop a memorable brand. Your logo, your company motto, and your personality need to be memorable so they stand out from the crowd.
- Interact with your community. It is critical to be present and approachable on social media. Your audience wants that connection with you; provide it!
- Do something different. If your main competitors are zigging, then you should zag. If they offer a similar product, then you should add your own unique twist. Do something different than your competitors and you will get noticed.
There you have it, friends! My top 10 favorite strategies to stand out online. Which ones will you try? What tips do you have? Let me know below!